IMPORTANT - USE THE NEW DIAL-IN NUMBER 712-775-8972 TO JOIN THE CALL
Planned topics for the conference call (so far) are:
- Autoposting - QMB = OA 209 adjustments Medicare primary, Medicaid 2nd
- New Statement log has been added to eTHOMAS
- New Management Console reports for multiple medsys directories
- Navicure can AutoPost from most insurance companies as well as BC/MR/MD
- Mark's annual Year End Stuff To Do For THOMAS Users
- Final comments
A few minutes before 10:00 on Friday you may call the FreeConference main number at 712-775-8972 and use Conference Code: 478288. It sometimes takes up to a minute to ring through and get prompted for the conference number.
If at the time of the Conference Call you can't possibly get in on the main number, then you should check the http://www.geniussolutions.com/news page to see if we have an alternate number.
We plan to also host a "Webinar" at the same time, so if you have highspeed Internet you may also be able to watch Genius' computer screen while you listen to the phone call.
To join the webinar you will need to register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2202597055388622594 as soon as possible.
After you register, a link will be emailed to you. This link is used to join the webinar at 10:00 a.m. We recommend trying to join the webinar about 10 minutes before the webinar is scheduled.
The webinar does not play the audio, you still need to dial into the conference call phone number from your phone.
Even if you do not have highspeed internet, or can't get the webinar to work on your computer, you can still hear the audio portion with the Dial-In Conference Number, just as all the previous conference calls have worked.
As usual, we will try to record the conference for those who can not attend in person and make it available on our News Page a couple of days later. http://www.geniussolutions.com/news
End of Year Care for THOMAS
Some ideas for you before you post any charges for 2018:
- Complete all posting of payments and charges that you have received up until 12/31/2017. Do not post 2018 information until this is completed.
- Run all the reports your accountant wants for year end. Ask the CPA now if they have all the documentation they need BEFORE you post next year's stuff.
- Reconcile all accounts. (This re-adds the transaction ledger. If items are changed/removed in the transaction the patient/insurance balance may be off. Reconciling corrects any of those balances.)
- Do all patient statements.
- Check Other Claim Status from the Paper Claim Billing Menu. All open/hold/rebill/inquiry claims should be reviewed. Verify that all claims that can be billed are changed to the appropriate status and available to be billed. Only claims in an unbilled/rebilled/inquiry status will be prepared.
- Work all Edit Reports and rejections from 2017.
- Run Delinquent Claims Report. Work all non-paid claims. Especially those that will reach filing limits early next year.
- Run an Aging by Patient Report. Review all balances, including credit balances, for patient accounts that need correction. If your office writes off balance under a certain dollar amount (ex: any patient balance under a $1.00) do so at this time.
- Prepare and send all electronic files. (including inquiry claims)
- Prepare and send all paper claims.
- During the following steps, everyone needs to be out of the system. All computers need to be completely out of THOMAS. Depending on the size of your system (the amount of data you have) the time it takes to do the following functions can vary.
- Do a back up that you can store offsite. (Backing up is extremely important on a daily basis, however, at year-end it may be more important. If for any reason you need to pull the data that was in your system when you sent data to the accountant you may have that ability. (but you should have run them before next year's postings) You will also have a back up that is offsite in case something happens in your office, it really does happen!) You should have everyone out of THOMAS before backing up.
- Review your backup practices. Are you backing up as often as you can afford to lose it? If your building burned down tonight, do you have a recent backup offsite that will get you back in business without a huge loss? Have you considered a cloud backup solution such as CrashPlanPro? Is your backup encrypted? Have you tested your backup in the last few months? What exactly is it backing up?
- After you do your backup run a Pack databases. (When you delete information from THOMAS it is not necessarily removed right away. When you pack, it actually deletes/removes any information that you have "deleted" that may still be sitting and blocking up space in your databases.) You must have everyone out of THOMAS to pack. You run it from the THOMAS Maintenance Icon -> Reindex, and check the Pack checkbox.
- Review your security practices involving your computer. Is the hard drive with THOMAS encrypted? Have you made certain Windows updates are being installed regularly (usually by end of the second week each month)?
- Are you using an anti-virus/malware program and is it up to date? Have you disabled users that are former employees? Are your employees on Facebook or risky websites on business computers? Is your computer old and slow?
Learn more about THOMAS. Check our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/geniussolutionsinc and watch tutorials on recent changes to the program. Call Genius and schedule training for new employees, or those wanting to learn new tips and tricks. Many times clients find very useful things they didn't even know about with training.